Fine Lines
I have been thinking a lot this month about the difference between those aspects of our personalities which make us unique and interesting, versus those aspects of ourselves which make us unhappy or sick. If these aspects were mapped in a ven diagram, there would be a lot of overlap. I find myself struggling to define what sorts of characteristics should be left untouched and what has to be altered for the sake of health and productivity.
As a soon-to-be lawyer, I value productivity in my own life very highly. I have a running to-do list in my mind (I imagine we all do.) And yet I wonder what our society is losing as we push people forward to achieve by developing strategies to deal with our mental conditions, especially when those strategies involve psychotropic medications.
And so I throw it open to all of you: what is the price you pay for being high-functioning? Do you have days when you miss the part of you that you stifle?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home